Pancake day is very nearly here so I thought I’d share this quick, simple banana pancake recipe with you. This can so easily be made vegan and they’re super tasty!
- 240ml milk (non dairy for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- The easiest method is to simply bung all the ingredients into a blender, liquids first. Blending until everything’s has been well combined and the consistency is smooth. This shouldn’t take too long.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes or so.
- Preheat your pan or griddle and lightly grease with a brush. Pour the batter on
- Cook until the top had started bubbling then gently flip over and cook until golden.
- Serve as is or with a topping of your choice!
My choice was inspired by Fairtrade Fortnights #SheDeserves campaign which is focusing on the people in particular the women working in the cocoa industry. I drizzled mine with some melted white and milk chocolate Cocoa Loco buttons. You could use the dark chocolate buttons for a vegan topping.
What would you top yours with?
One thought on “Banana Pancakes – Recipe”
My favourite topping is an orange squashed over the pancake and done sugar and butter 😍